Happy Wellness Wednesday everyone,
Now that it is Fall and the leaves are changing color, I like to eat nourishing fall foods, so I thought I would share a simple, delicious and healthy recipe for butternut squash. Being a busy college student, time is precious and this is super easy to make, plus this healthy dish is a great way to combat the freshman fifteen.
- Organic Butternut squash- I buy pre-cut since it saves time.
- Organic Coconut Oil Spray
- Organic Maple Syrup
- Organic Cinnamon
*try to buy only organic ingredients for this dish*
- Pre- Heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Place your squash in a simple pot and steam for 6 minutes. (This helps soften the squash making it easier to bake.)
- After the squash has steamed, strain off the water.
- Spray the ceramic dish with coconut oil.
- Move the squash to the ceramic dish and spray the coconut oil on it.
- Pour the Maple Syrup on the squash*.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the squash*.
- Place the squash in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the squash and let it cool for 10 minutes.
*indicates no exact measurement
Some of the nutritional benefits of squash include vitamin c, betacarotene and magnesium. It is loaded with antioxidants, plus there is nominal amounts of protein in squash. By adding organic maple syrup and organic cinnamon, you are turning this healthy dish into a sweet treat.
Check out the video to see the step-by-step process
Happy Wellness Wednesday everyone and enjoy this yummy recipe.