Okay girls, we all know I’ve take Chris Appleton’s Fabulous AF masterclass twice, and now it’s time for me to spill the tea on how to get the glassy af, wet-but-not mermaid waves look.
Watch the 3 minute video below to see the full mermaid waves tutorial in action:
- Prep your hair (and extensions) with Color WOW Dream Coat. If you’re a curly girl you can get the Dream Coat for curly hair. Don’t be shy, drench your hair in it. Comb through. I love the Olivia Garden detangler.
- Blow out your hair. The Dream Coat is heat and tension activated this step is key.
- If you’re using extensions, pop them in! My favorite is the Kiki hair extensions. I want the mermaid-y effortless look so I only used ONE weft and it did everything for me.
- Split your hair in to 3-4 sections. Vibe it out because you want just enough hair to get the heat through. Start clamping with the Mermade hair waver. I’m obsessed with this tool! This is what Chris Appleton uses and it’s loved by celebrities worldwide.
- For that wet-gloss look, smooth Color WOW’s Pop & Lock serum on the hair. A little bit goes a long way but this magic potion NEVER feels oily.
- If you’re extra like me, add a little more glassy gloss with the Color WOW EXTRA Mist-ical shine finishing spray.
- For the luxurious, celebrity finish, sweep Color WOW’s Root Cover Up powder in your hairline and part to be 100% selfie ready.
All done! Let me know what you think about this look in the comments below!