It’s almost here: Fall.
As you stock up on your back to school supplies, keep in mind that first day of class when you meet up with your friends and acquaintances. Everyone wants to be the one with the deepest, exotic tan to show off that you stayed busy in the sun all summer. We all want to be told, “Wow, you’re sooo tan!”
Perhaps this summer kept you too busy to lay out and tan, or that tan from your trip to California didn’t last quite as long as you hoped. Don’t worry. I’ve found the perfect product to keep your skin glowing and flawless all year round.
As a Miami girl, people expect me to be tan all the time, but that’s not quite the case. I spend a lot of time indoors because of my busy career. When I do go outside, I use SPF 50 or higher to protect my skin. As a swimwear designer though, people do expect me to be tan..all. the. time. I was going nuts because I don’t want to resort to going to the tanning bed or getting toxic, overpriced spray tans. If you know me, you would know everything from my diet, toothpaste, deodorant, and lotion is organic. I’ve been raised on an organic diet and natural healing (thanks mom!), and I am very very picky with my products! Luckily, on one of my late nights exploring on Instagram, I found Eco Tan. Eco Tan uses ONLY natural, organic ingredients. It’s color is derived from cacao (chocolate!), all of the ingredients are organic, GMO-free, and cruelty-free. My mother would approve 🙂
I ordered the Invisible Tan Pack and got the Organic Deodorant as well (aluminum-based deodorant may increase risks of breast cancer, alzheimer’s, and kidney disease). Since its an Australian product I thought it would take a few weeks to arrive, but surprisingly I received my order in about a week! I was pleasantly surprised.
I couldn’t wait to try it so of course I jumped in the shower and applied my Eco-Tan right away!
Here is what I did for my flawless glow:
1. Exfoliate. The Invisible Tan Pack comes with an exfoliating glove. After washing, use the glove and exfoliate your face and body to remove dead skin for an event tan.
2. Dry. Use a clean towel and dry off. DON’T apply anything to your skin!
3. Protect. Apply a thick lotion or Vaseline to the following areas:
-Behind heels and under your ankles
-Top of toes
-Fingers and between fingers
-Optional: I also apply a thin layer of lotion to the inside of my forearm. A natural tan would not tan that area and I like my tan to look very natural.
4. Apply. Apply the lotion all over your face and body (it is safe to use on your face…100% Organic, remember?). I start at the center of the section I am applying it to and then blend it out. For example, if you are applying it to your legs, start at the knees and then blend down to your ankles in an upward motion.
5. Wash & Wait. Wash your hands with soap and water. You can go straight to bed after applying Eco Tan! I slept after applying my Eco Tan and woke up with the most gorgeous tan! The instructions say that you can reapply every 2-3 days, but since I was super pale, I did another application the following night. I was a deeper bronze, NO orange! love it!
The tan lasts about a week, but you can maintain it by reapplying every 2-3 days!
Check out my results below:
Learn more about Eco Tan:
3 thoughts on “Glow Into Fall With Eco-Tan”
You look so beautiful with or without tan 😱